Re: CMO Saturday night [1 Attachment]

Bob Sieber

Great results on Bode’s and the Cigar.  Congrats!  Wish I could have been there.

Bob Sieber

On May 13, 2018, at 7:18 PM, Aaron Williams Mountainbiker856@... [bas-astro] <bas-astro@...> wrote:

It really was a great night, awesome turnout. Enjoyed meeting all the new faces since I was able to come out last. I was happy with my photograph of Bode’s Galaxy and the Cigar Galaxy, even though I had to crop way in.

Specs:
Canon 6D w/ 70-200L F2..8 @F2.8
60” @ ISO1600
Celestron AVX mount
Approximately 70 exposures, stacked in Deep Sky Stacker and edited in Photoshop.

-Aaron Williams

On Sunday, May 13, 2018, hunternbama hunternbama@... [bas-astro] <bas-astro@...> wrote:

Last night was absolutely incredible. We got the new mount set up. We got the polar alignment, apparently, correct. The slews were dead on. The views in our Orion 130ST were surprisingly amazing. Still working on getting the guide scope working properly, and we never managed to get around to the camera. All in all, it was a great night.

We would like to extend a special thank you to Fred. He is never too busy to help us figure things out, or to teach us something new. And he is more than willing to always tell us about something we should look for, or details on what we're looking at. I sure hope the club knows exactly how lucky they are to have him as a member.

Craig Brooks
NAR #99604 L2
Secretary / Outreach
#665 Birmingham Rocket Boys