Re: Chandler Mountain Work Day next Saturday, September 8th!

Bob Sieber

Fred, I will be there.  Just let me know what time and what tools to bring.
Thanks,
Bob

On Sep 1, 2018, at 9:50 AM, Fred Rains <fjrains@...> wrote:

Good morning, All.

Let's have a work day next Saturday, September 8th at CMO.

  1. Mike is going to swap out the 10" LX200 in the dome for the 5" Meade ED Refractor. This will give imagers a steady platform.
  2. Wallace is going to see if he can get the LX200 to go where we tell it to. This has the tripod and will be one of the loaners (Mike has donated two Meade 26mm Plossls for the loaners - if anyone else is feeling altruistic please let us know!))
  3. I am going to do some finishing up on the dome automation and be a general gopher for Mike and Wallace
  4. Wayne - would this be a good day for you to work on getting power to the POD? You'll have some helpers.
  5. The bottom of the POD needs to be sealed.
  6. We need a crew to replace the ramp to the roll-off. It finally reached the end of its days. Wood for this is on the porch.
  7. We also need to work on a general clean up of the roll-off. The cabinets also reached the end of their days and fell off the wall.
  8. Also need to top off the dirt in the power trenches. It has settled and could cause a trip.
  9. There were 2,397 wasps at last count that need to be dealt with and the ants could use a good dusting.
  10. Its time to clean out the small storage shed next to the roll-off. This may make a good warming room for the winter.

We've actually had a few clear nights lately! Maybe the weather will be more accommodating this fall.

Might even take a grill and have a few hot dogs and soft drinks (only, please).

If it helps to lure you, I'll bring my tailgate satellite set-up and we'll have a game or two on. :-)

Please let me know if you can make it and we'll plan accordingly.

Looking forward to it!

Fred
Outreach Coordinator
Equipment Minion