Re: Chandler Mountain Work Day next Saturday, September 8th!

Bob Sieber

I will be glad to bring…

large trash bags
one circular saw
one hand saw
one hammer and some nails
one saw horse
one carpenters’s square
one tape measure
one shovel and one spade

Let me know what food I can bring—probably need to organize that a bit so we do not duplicate or come up short.

All the best,

Bob

On Sep 6, 2018, at 12:01 PM, Fred Rains <fjrains@...> wrote:

Things have shaped up nicely for a work day this Saturday, September 8th at Chandler! The weather will be on the warm side ( low 90's) but the rain chances are slim and a clear evening for observing is looking good.

Rick has graciously "volunteered" to be the straw boss to build a new ramp to the roll-off observatory. We'll look at the cabinets and see if there is any hope for reattaching them and if not we'll see where we need to go with storage.

Definite interest in hot dogs! Rick has a grill and can bring a cooler with water. Everyone bring a chair, work gloves, and some suntan lotion.

Mark and Jih Ying, if you can bring a couple of packs of hot dogs.

Who will bring buns and condiments for the dogs? Potato chips?

Large Trash Bags

Who will bring a roll or two of Paper towels and paper plates?

Wayne is getting the materials for running power to the POD.

Please let me know if you can bring the following:

couple of circular saws ( we have power at CMO - may have to run them one at a time though...)
hand saw
hammer and nails OR drill and driver - we have a bucket full of deck screws that may be better for the ramp. Straw Boss's decision... :-)
couple of saw horses
carpenter's square
tape measure
caulking gun and caulk to seal the POD base.
two or three shovels and maybe a mattock
wasp spray ( two cans at least)
we should have something there for the ants

What else do we need? Please add/delete/modify the list as needed.

Its not too late for other volunteers!

Let's get there at 11AM and get things situated and then eat some lunch. The sun doesn't go down till 7PM so we'll have plenty of time for projects.

Remind me to take some pictures as we go!

And don't forget your telescopes...

Thanks again everyone!

Fred