Re: Strange signal coming from Proxima Centauri

Robert Pitt

I have gone to the Green Banks star party a few times (around 4th of July) and they let us play with a small 60 ft dish where we were able to measure the approach velocity of M31 crashing towards us. We were pretty close (I think next Wednesday….). Great fun. The whole area is a spurious energy free zone, with no cell phones, etc. (including microwaves). I was surprised that the Australians allowed microwaves on site! If we aren’t careful, the microwave ovens will take over civilization….

From: main@bas-astro.groups.io <main@bas-astro.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sterling DeRamus
Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2020 8:02 AM
To: main@bas-astro.groups.io
Subject: Re: [bas-astro] Strange signal coming from Proxima Centauri

It isn’t just any site; it’s Scientific American. The article says they eliminated the microwave.  But they haven’t ruled out other terrestrial sources.  They need to see if they can find it again.

On Dec 21, 2020, at 11:23 PM, Robert Pitt <rpittal@...> wrote:

Parkes previously detected anomalous signals several years ago, but they ended up being the break room microwave! Must be true, I read it on the internet…