Re: Public Star Parties and the COVID-19 Delta Variant

Fred Rains

Wow. This Delta has thrown us another curve ball. When we discussed this last time the numbers were going down for infections, hospitalizations, and deaths. They’re going the other way now. My non-medical opinion is that the trend is due to people being lax in their precautions during the summer but, bottom line, the numbers are what they are. I believe we should wait a little longer till the trend improves. Even then we need to be prepared to clean the ep and have an understanding that we’ll shut the session down if the crowd gets too big ( how big is too big?) The good news is that the number of vaccinations is trending up.

The clouds and the smoke are making the decision for us for now.

I agree that the Chandler sessions can start back up. We have much more control there.

My $0.02.

Fred

On Friday, August 6, 2021, 08:41:47 AM CDT, James Moore via groups.io <jasbmoore@...> wrote:

Hello, everyone!

So -- the local public health officials have been sounding the alarm concerning the Delta variant of COVID-19 and the now fourth wave surge of infections in our state. My question to you is: how comfortable are you with holding public star parties? Do we need to suspend them again for now? The safety and well-being of our members is the priority here -- I don't want anyone to feel compelled to participate in something that they are not comfortable doing. Please leave your thoughts in the comments and we'll make a decision. Thanks!