Re: Public Star Parties and the COVID-19 Delta Variant

Tyra, Howard R (GE Healthcare)

I agree with all the responses. Let’s wait and see before we fire up the Public Star parties.
I sure don’t want someone accusing us of neglect, thinking they got the virus from our group.
In this day and time we must look out for those that don’t seem to appreciate the obstacles we are facing.
I say chill and be safe!
Sincerely,
Rick Tyra
Bas-Astro Treasure

On Aug 6, 2021, at 08:41, James Moore via groups.io <jasbmoore@...> wrote:

Hello, everyone!

So -- the local public health officials have been sounding the alarm concerning the Delta variant of COVID-19 and the now fourth wave surge of infections in our state. My question to you is: how comfortable are you with holding public star parties? Do we need to suspend them again for now? The safety and well-being of our members is the priority here -- I don't want anyone to feel compelled to participate in something that they are not comfortable doing. Please leave your thoughts in the comments and we'll make a decision. Thanks!