Re: Public Star Parties and the COVID-19 Delta Variant

Bob Sieber

James, thanks for posing an important question.  I believe that Chandler is safe and represents a situation that club members can manage.  The Oak Mountain public outreach is not so manageable and I agree with those who believe the club should continue to suspend the public star parties for the time being.  I am in Florida at the moment where the Delta variant is causing havoc, so I am somewhat biased.  Many people I observe here are simply irresponsible.  It is not my intent to touch on politics, but I happen to live in two of the states that continue to be at the bottom of the list in vaccination rates.

Let’s all enjoy what Chandler has to offer, but forgo the public outreach at this time.

All the best and clear skies!

Bob

On Aug 6, 2021, at 8:41 AM, James Moore via groups.io <jasbmoore@...> wrote:

Hello, everyone!

So -- the local public health officials have been sounding the alarm concerning the Delta variant of COVID-19 and the now fourth wave surge of infections in our state. My question to you is: how comfortable are you with holding public star parties? Do we need to suspend them again for now? The safety and well-being of our members is the priority here -- I don't want anyone to feel compelled to participate in something that they are not comfortable doing. Please leave your thoughts in the comments and we'll make a decision. Thanks!