Re: Fort Davis

Sterling DeRamus

You can camp in the state park or up
In the mountains near the observatory. But Prude ranch does cater to astronomers and offers several amenities including a viewing field that has a power source.

On Aug 21, 2021, at 8:54 AM, Jeff Allegrezza <jrallegrezza@...> wrote:

I've never been.  I was planning to just camp.    I might go somewhere closer since the full moon will be out and save Ft Davis for a time when the conditions and my schedule can line up.

thanks,

Jeff

On Sat, Aug 21, 2021 at 8:46 AM Don Waters <donwaters201@...> wrote:
That is a long trip but a good site. Best of luck. I'm planning on Okie Tex in October (unless Delta scare me off) so I am not available.

Just curious, do you camp or stay at the lodge?