Topics

Astro Things to Do - Night Sky Network

Fred Rains

Good afternoon everyone!

The Birmingham Astronomical Society is a member club of the Night Sky Network (NSN). The NSN is a partnership between The Jet Propulsion Laboratory at CalTec and Astronomy Clubs across the country. One of the benefits of membership is that the club members can participate in webinars presented on various topics from time to time and tonight there is going to be one of these on the Hubble Space Telescope.

To watch this you will need to have a link sent to  you by NSN. These links will be sent to club members and I am in the process of updating the club roster on the NSN website. Before I do that I wanted to check with everyone to see if its ok with you to do so.

If you are interested in having this information sent to you, please let me know and I'll add your name and email address.

Info on tonight's webinar can be found here.

Thanks!

Fred Rains
BAS - Outreach Coordinator

Tyra, Howard R (GE Healthcare)

Fred that sounds great. Yes I would but can’t tonight. Keep me in mind for the next one
Thanks
Rick

On Mar 24, 2020, at 13:43, Fred Rains <fjrains@...> wrote:

[...]

Martin

Yes please
thanks
mrodri2@...

Also, it si time to pay my annual membership but since there is no meeting in person, where can i send the check to?

Martin Rodriguez

[...]

Gene Marlin

I also need to mail someone a check for my 2020 membership renewal. If someone would send info on that, it'd be great.

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 2:28 PM Martin <Mrodri2@...> wrote:
Yes please
thanks

[...]

Hey there, Gene.

Our club treasurer is very involved with the virus response and it could be a few days before things settle out.

We’ll get the info out to everyone soon.

Thanks!

Fred

On Mar 24, 2020, at 5:32 PM, Gene Marlin <Genemarlin@...> wrote:

[...]

Don Waters

Please add my email to the NSN link

Will do, Don!

The webinars will be held monthly. Once I get info on April's I'll get the info on the club website.

Fred

On Wednesday, March 25, 2020, 08:25:31 AM CDT, Don Waters <donwaters201@...> wrote:

Please add my email to the NSN link
Don Waters

Aaron Williams

Very interested! Thanks Fred!

-Aaron Williams

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 12:23 PM Fred Rains <fjrains@...> wrote:
Will do, Don!

The webinars will be held monthly. Once I get info on April's I'll get the info on the club website.

Fred

On Wednesday, March 25, 2020, 08:25:31 AM CDT, Don Waters <donwaters201@...> wrote:

Please add my email to the NSN link

Edited

One of the other things that our members may be interested in is the von Karman lecture series that is hosted by The Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL). They always have interesting, timely topics and great speakers. Here is a link to the landing page, which in turn will give you access to the archives. Enjoy!

https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/events/lectures.php