Fort Davis

Sterling DeRamus

A closer possibility is Broken Bow lake Oklahoma. Only an 8 hour drive. Worth a shot for a weekend trip. Could easily go Saturday and come back Monday with two days to observe.

On Aug 21, 2021, at 1:02 PM, Jeff Allegrezza <jrallegrezza@...> wrote:

Unfortunately I can’t as I have a work commitment.  i think i am just going to punt on ft davis and do something closer to home.

thanks for the advice everyone!

On Sat, Aug 21, 2021 at 12:56 PM Sterling DeRamus <sterling.deramus@...> wrote:
Jeff,

Can you not take Friday before Labor Day off?

On Aug 21, 2021, at 12:49 PM, Robert Pitt <rpittal@...> wrote:

On the 12th sept, the moon sets about 11 pm, and then an hr later each night. So you can view late night to early morning, if you’re a night person. Also, it would be useful for landscape astrophotography, with a foreground exposure with the moon illuminating the scene and blend it with dark sky later.