Sunday CMO do over

Robert Pitt

Thanks Stephen; you really have everything working well together!

Regards,

Bob

Robert Pitt, P.E., Ph.D. BCEE, D.WRE

Emeritus Cudworth Professor of Urban Water Systems

Department of Civil, Construction, and Environmental Engineering

The University of Alabama

Rpittal at charter dot net

From: main@bas-astro.groups.io <main@bas-astro.groups.io> On Behalf Of Stephen Jones via groups.io
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2021 7:58 AM
To: main@bas-astro.groups.io
Subject: Re: [bas-astro] Sunday CMO do over

The telescope used was an Orion 6 inch f/4 Newtonian using a Baader coma corrector on an iOptron CEM40 mount.  An OAG was used with an ASI 290 camera. The imaging camera is an ASI 1600MM pro using a ZWO filter wheel and ZWO LRGB filters. Everything controlled by an ASIAIR.  The imaging camera was set to gain of 50 and cooled to -20 deg C.  

Exposures for the Helix Nebula were:
L - 30 x 60 sec
RGB - 20 x 120 sec

Exposures for M77 were:
L - 30 x 60 sec
RGB - 10 x 300 sec

Processed in Astro Pixel Processor using dark, flat and bias calibration frames.

Stephen Jones

The telescope used was an Orion 6 inch f/4 Newtonian using a Baader coma corrector on an iOptron CEM40 mount.  An OAG was used with an ASI 290 camera. The imaging camera is an ASI 1600MM pro using a ZWO filter wheel and ZWO LRGB filters. Everything controlled by an ASIAIR.  The imaging camera was set to gain of 50 and cooled to -20 deg C.  

Exposures for the Helix Nebula were:
L - 30 x 60 sec
RGB - 20 x 120 sec

Exposures for M77 were:
L - 30 x 60 sec
RGB - 10 x 300 sec

Processed in Astro Pixel Processor using dark, flat and bias calibration frames.

John D.

Incredible images.  Thanks for sharing.

On Thursday, October 14, 2021, 04:45:31 PM CDT, Stephen Jones via groups.io <stevejonz@...> wrote:

It took me a few days to get around to finishing the processing. The sky was nice and clear but the seeing was not great so guiding was a bit of a challenge. Still managed to get a couple of nice images - the Helix Nebula and M77 with NGC 1055. 

Attachments:

--
It's not what you look at, but what you see when you look.

Myron Wasiuta

Awesome Stephen! I enjoyed scrolling around zoomed in and looking for all the faint galaxies you captured. The Helix itself shows alot of detail. 

Dr. Myron Wasiuta
President- MSRO Science, Inc
Director- Mark Slade Remote Observatory 
Wilderness, VA USA

On Oct 14, 2021, at 9:17 PM, Robert Pitt <rpittal@...> wrote:

Very nice Stephen! Any details on equipment and exposures?

From: main@bas-astro.groups.io <main@bas-astro.groups.io> On Behalf Of Stephen Jones via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2021 4:46 PM

It took me a few days to get around to finishing the processing. The sky was nice and clear but the seeing was not great so guiding was a bit of a challenge. Still managed to get a couple of nice images - the Helix Nebula and M77 with NGC 1055. 

Attachments:

Robert Pitt

Very nice Stephen! Any details on equipment and exposures?

Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2021 4:46 PM

Attachments:

Stephen Jones

Danielle Howard

Wish I could make it! It’s such a beautiful night. Hope y’all enjoy!

On Oct 10, 2021, at 1:08 PM, John D. via groups.io <Jdillard@...> wrote:

Steve, I'd like to come up, but I don't think I'd be able to find the place after one trip.  I'll see if my car's GPS knows the address and if it does I'll see  you up there.

On Sunday, October 10, 2021, 09:56:52 AM CDT, Stephen Jones via groups.io <stevejonz@...> wrote:

Forecast looks good - hopefully more accurate than yesterday’s forecast. I plan to arrive around 6:00. 205-572-1146

--

John D.

Steve, I'd like to come up, but I don't think I'd be able to find the place after one trip.  I'll see if my car's GPS knows the address and if it does I'll see  you up there.

On Sunday, October 10, 2021, 09:56:52 AM CDT, Stephen Jones via groups.io <stevejonz@...> wrote:

Forecast looks good - hopefully more accurate than yesterday’s forecast. I plan to arrive around 6:00. 205-572-1146

--

Stephen Jones