another horsehead Ha

Robert Pitt

Here is a horsehead I got this morning in Ha light. Will try for O3 tomorrow morning and then S2 Tues morning. About 2 hrs total exposure with 5 min subs. I think I solved my vignetting issue I have been having by using 50X50mm square filters instead of the 2 inch mounted filters with my ASI 6200mm camera on my 12.5/5.7 scope.

Bob Sieber

Classic.  Great job—beautiful!

Sent from Mail for Windows

Here is a horsehead I got this morning in Ha light. Will try for O3 tomorrow morning and then S2 Tues morning. About 2 hrs total exposure with 5 min subs. I think I solved my vignetting issue I have been having by using 50X50mm square filters instead of the 2 inch mounted filters with my ASI 6200mm camera on my 12.5/5.7 scope.

Absolutely stunning!!Beautiful composition  as well. Cant wait to see the finished project.

Dr. Myron Wasiuta
President- MSRO Science, Inc
Director- Mark Slade Remote Observatory
Wilderness, VA USA

On Nov 7, 2021, at 10:38 PM, Bob Sieber <bpatlanta@...> wrote:

Classic.  Great job—beautiful!

Sent from Mail for Windows

Here is a horsehead I got this morning in Ha light. Will try for O3 tomorrow morning and then S2 Tues morning. About 2 hrs total exposure with 5 min subs. I think I solved my vignetting issue I have been having by using 50X50mm square filters instead of the 2 inch mounted filters with my ASI 6200mm camera on my 12.5/5.7 scope.

<0075508F416140D0BA1DF1A4F8E4C94A.png>

John D.

Really nice.  Great detail. Thanks for sharing.

On Sunday, November 7, 2021, 07:36:27 PM CST, Robert Pitt <rpittal@...> wrote:

Here is a horsehead I got this morning in Ha light. Will try for O3 tomorrow morning and then S2 Tues morning. About 2 hrs total exposure with 5 min subs. I think I solved my vignetting issue I have been having by using 50X50mm square filters instead of the 2 inch mounted filters with my ASI 6200mm camera on my 12.5/5.7 scope.

It's not what you look at, but what you see when you look.

Robert Pitt

Thanks for the comments! I did several hours of O3 this morning, but only extremely faint outline of the horsehead, which makes sense.