Astronomical League

William Baker

Are we or are we not still members of the Astronomical League? I
thought we were going to look into their insurance policies concerning
the group's liability if someone was injured at the observatory.

Thanks,

William

Mark Lancaster <sky_guy@...>

I'll let Ed give the full answer, but I believe that he determined that we could get insurance with the same coverage just as cheap on our own. Regardless, the club voted to withdraw.

Mark

William Baker wrote:

Are we or are we not still members of the Astronomical League?  I
thought we were going to look into their insurance policies concerning
the group's liability if someone was injured at the observatory.

Thanks,

William

Charter.net <ejknight@...>

William (and all others),
We did withdraw from the Astronomical League. The overwhelming majority of the members voted that we did not get enough from the League to stay in at the current time. We will be able to rejoin at any time and there is no problem in doing so. It was done strictly as a financial savings matter.

As far as the insurance goes... The AL insurance was going to run over $350.00 a year. We can get insurance much less expensive on our own.  I am working with a couple of insurance companies to try and get us the best rate.

Please feel free to contact me directly on this issue if you want

Ed Knight