Topics

Chandler Mountain tonight

Sterling DeRamus

Does anyone need help getting there who hasn’t gone yet?

Should be a great night!

Aaron Williams

Unfortunately going to have to miss it, Zach and I’s parents are in town. Clear skies!

-Aaron

On Saturday, September 28, 2019, Sterling DeRamus <sterling.deramus@...> wrote:
Does anyone need help getting there who hasn’t gone yet?

Should be a great night!

Sterling DeRamus

You missed a great night!  Not a cloud to be seen.  Great seeing conditions.  We could spot Andromeda naked eye.  We got the 14 inch working.  And it was stunning!  We clearly saw the Cassini gap in Saturn.  We trained it on several planetary Nebula such as M57 and the dumbbell.  What amazingly stunning views!  We finally found the cats eye Nebula and you could clearly see its shape, but not much detail.  We looked at M31 and you could make out spiral structure.  Many star clusters lose their shape because there are just too many stars!

image1.jpeg