CMO last night

Sterling DeRamus

It was a beautiful night for observing last night at CMO albeit windy and ultimately cold. We looked at Mars in the C14. It was amazing. Lots of detail. I took a photograph of M57. Just a 30 second shot at iso 3200.

Myron Wasiuta

Shows the central star!

Dr. Myron Wasiuta
President- MSRO Science, Inc
Director- Mark Slade Remote Observatory
Wilderness, VA USA

On Oct 18, 2020, at 3:03 PM, Sterling DeRamus <sterling.deramus@gmail.com> wrote:

It was a beautiful night for observing last night at CMO albeit windy and ultimately cold. We looked at Mars in the C14. It was amazing. Lots of detail. I took a photograph of M57. Just a 30 second shot at iso 3200.

<image0.jpeg>

Don Waters

Here is my first shot with ASI294MC (color, cooled). 20 x 10sec. 5 darks, no guiding - tracking only. Meade LX85 (entry level) mount. DSS.
Only spent about 5 minutes using GIMP to adjust color curves, no other processing.

Robert Pitt

Very nice colors Don and both internal stars clearly visible!

Regards,

Bob

Robert Pitt, P.E., Ph.D. BCEE, D.WRE

Emeritus Cudworth Professor of Urban Water Systems

Department of Civil, Construction, and Environmental Engineering

The University of Alabama

Rpittal at charter dot net

From: main@bas-astro.groups.io <main@bas-astro.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don Waters
Sent: Sunday, August 8, 2021 9:34 AM
To: main@bas-astro.groups.io
Subject: Re: [bas-astro] CMO last night

Here is my first shot with ASI294MC (color, cooled). 20 x 10sec. 5 darks, no guiding - tracking only. Meade LX85 (entry level) mount. DSS.
Only spent about 5 minutes using GIMP to adjust color curves, no other processing.

Sterling DeRamus

Outstanding. 

On Aug 8, 2021, at 11:03 AM, Robert Pitt <rpittal@...> wrote:

Very nice colors Don and both internal stars clearly visible!

Regards,

Bob

Robert Pitt, P.E., Ph.D. BCEE, D.WRE

Emeritus Cudworth Professor of Urban Water Systems

Department of Civil, Construction, and Environmental Engineering

The University of Alabama

Rpittal at charter dot net

From: main@bas-astro.groups.io <main@bas-astro.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don Waters
Sent: Sunday, August 8, 2021 9:34 AM
To: main@bas-astro.groups.io
Subject: Re: [bas-astro] CMO last night