CMO tomorrow?

Sterling DeRamus

Normally we’d have a public star party this weekend. But that isn’t possible. So I’m thinking of taking advantage of the weather tomorrow and going up there. The moon will set around 8:30. Shouldn’t be an issue.

Anyone else interested?

John D.

I've never been and would be interested,

--
It's not what you look at, but what you see when you look.

Bob Sieber

Thanks Sterling. I am in Florida. Good luck with Chandler. Have fun.

On Oct 8, 2021, at 2:14 PM, Sterling DeRamus <sterling.deramus@gmail.com> wrote:

Normally we’d have a public star party this weekend. But that isn’t possible. So I’m thinking of taking advantage of the weather tomorrow and going up there. The moon will set around 8:30. Shouldn’t be an issue.

Anyone else interested?

Danielle Howard

I’m not 100% I can make it, but definitely interested! What time are you planning to meet at the gas station by the interstate?

Stephen Jones

I’ll be there. Planning to get there 5:30 ish.

Fred Rains

Oops. Can’t make this one. Game starts at 7PM…. 🏈

Going to be a gorgeous evening. I spent several hours over the past couple of nights on the back deck here off Valleydale. It was really nice! Low humidity and not a cloud in the sky. Compared views between my 89mm Mak and my 6” Dob on a few carbon and double stars and several of the Fall deep sky beauties. The Mak held its own. Neither one could eke out NGC 891 in Andromeda - a nice one from a darker spot -  even after midnight when the area high school stadium lights were all out.

Everyone have a great time!

Fred

On Friday, October 8, 2021, 02:22:48 PM CDT, Sterling DeRamus <sterling.deramus@...> wrote:

Normally we’d have a public star party this weekend. But that isn’t possible. So I’m thinking of taking advantage of the weather tomorrow and going up there. The moon will set around 8:30. Shouldn’t be an issue.

Anyone else interested?

Sterling DeRamus

For any first timers we can meet at the Texaco right off the interstate around 6ish. Sunset is at 6:20

On Oct 9, 2021, at 8:13 AM, Fred Rains <fjrains@...> wrote:

[...]

Fred. You can still watch the game!

On Oct 9, 2021, at 10:48 AM, Sterling DeRamus via groups.io <sterling.deramus@...> wrote:

[...]

I look forward to my first time there, if I can find it :)

My wife wants to come and we won't be able to leave until 6:30 from Hoover after she gets off work.  I hope arriving later won't cause a problem with the car lights, so let me know if it will.  Thanks.

On Saturday, October 9, 2021, 10:48:53 AM CDT, Sterling DeRamus <sterling.deramus@...> wrote:

[...]

For those who are coming and need to get in touch my number is 295-504-0189.

C u guys there!

On Oct 8, 2021, at 2:14 PM, Sterling DeRamus <sterling.deramus@gmail.com> wrote:

Normally we’d have a public star party this weekend. But that isn’t possible. So I’m thinking of taking advantage of the weather tomorrow and going up there. The moon will set around 8:30. Shouldn’t be an issue.

Anyone else interested?

Sent from my iPhone

Sterling DeRamus

Well it started out badly. But I hung in there and it cleared. I am imaging M33.