Comet Leonard

Myron Wasiuta

Good Morning,

Here is a quick shot of the close approach of Comet Leonard to NGC 4631 (The Whale Galaxy) as imaged using our Station 3 telescope ( ES 102mm f/7 APO and QHY 178C camera). The frame was cropped slightly and reduced by binning 3x3. I autoguided on the stars and using SharpCap a stack of 11 60-second frames was obtained. More work with calibration needs to be done but I thought it still was pretty nice and wanted to share this nice event! Thank you to John Deriso for the heads up! More images to follow when time allows.

Dr. Myron E. Wasiuta
President, MSRO Science, Inc
Director, Mark Slade Remote Observatory
Wilderness, VA USA