comet Leonard

Myron Wasiuta

Good Morning,

Here is a quick processed stack of 30 60-sec exposures taken with the 10" f 7.9 TPO RC and QHY 174 GPS camera on Station 2. The comet was moving so fast that at this image scale the motion caused the comet to smear out. I will revisit these frames and hope to make a cool animation. I wonder if anyone braved the cold to look at this event visually?

Dr. Myron E. Wasiuta
President, MSRO Science, Inc
Director, Mark Slade Remote Observatory

Wow Myron; great framing; interesting pair!

Here is a quick processed stack of 30 60-sec exposures taken with the 10" f 7.9 TPO RC and QHY 174 GPS camera on Station 2. The comet was moving so fast that at this image scale the motion caused the comet to smear out. I will revisit these frames and hope to make a cool animation. I wonder if anyone braved the cold to look at this event visually?

Dr. Myron E. Wasiuta
President, MSRO Science, Inc
Director, Mark Slade Remote Observatory

Thanks Robert. I just found out about the close approach last night!

Dr. Myron Wasiuta
President- MSRO Science, Inc
Director- Mark Slade Remote Observatory
Wilderness, VA USA