Comet Leonard this morning

Myron Wasiuta

Hello,

Here are a couple images from this morning I took using a 102mm f/7 APO and QHY 178C camera. The telescope was autoguided on stars, and then the comet images manually stacked in Maxim DL. The image showing the background stars was created by stacking a short 5-minute exposure of the comet with a stack of 45 60-sec subs centered on the comet nucleus using software (Maxim DL) to align.

Dr. Myron E. Wasiuta
President, MSRO Science, Inc
Director, Mark Slade Remote Observatory
Wilderness, VA USA

John D.

Very nice.  Thanks for sharing.

On Sunday, December 5, 2021, 02:10:27 PM CST, Myron Wasiuta <mwasiuta@...> wrote:

Hello,

Here are a couple images from this morning I took using a 102mm f/7 APO and QHY 178C camera. The telescope was autoguided on stars, and then the comet images manually stacked in Maxim DL. The image showing the background stars was created by stacking a short 5-minute exposure of the comet with a stack of 45 60-sec subs centered on the comet nucleus using software (Maxim DL) to align.

Dr. Myron E. Wasiuta
President, MSRO Science, Inc
Director, Mark Slade Remote Observatory

It's not what you look at, but what you see when you look.

Wayne Eads

Very nice, that looks great!!!

I took a shot at it around 4am last Friday morning, framed up with M3, from our Trussville backyard. I'm hoping for another look when it becomes an evening target.

Wayne Eads

Here are a couple images from this morning I took using a 102mm f/7 APO and QHY 178C camera. The telescope was autoguided on stars, and then the comet images manually stacked in Maxim DL. The image showing the background stars was created by stacking a short 5-minute exposure of the comet with a stack of 45 60-sec subs centered on the comet nucleus using software (Maxim DL) to align.

Dr. Myron E. Wasiuta
President, MSRO Science, Inc
Director, Mark Slade Remote Observatory

Wow to both Wayne’s and Myron’s pics!