Comet Leonard this morning

Myron Wasiuta

Hello,

Here are a couple images from this morning I took using a 102mm f/7 APO and QHY 178C camera. The telescope was autoguided on stars, and then the comet images manually stacked in Maxim DL. The image showing the background stars was created by stacking a short 5-minute exposure of the comet with a stack of 45 60-sec subs centered on the comet nucleus using software (Maxim DL) to align. 

Dr. Myron E. Wasiuta
President, MSRO Science, Inc
Director, Mark Slade Remote Observatory
Wilderness, VA USA

John D.

Very nice.  Thanks for sharing.

On Sunday, December 5, 2021, 02:10:27 PM CST, Myron Wasiuta <mwasiuta@...> wrote:

Hello,

Here are a couple images from this morning I took using a 102mm f/7 APO and QHY 178C camera. The telescope was autoguided on stars, and then the comet images manually stacked in Maxim DL. The image showing the background stars was created by stacking a short 5-minute exposure of the comet with a stack of 45 60-sec subs centered on the comet nucleus using software (Maxim DL) to align. 

Dr. Myron E. Wasiuta
Wilderness, VA USA

--
It's not what you look at, but what you see when you look.

Wayne Eads

Very nice, that looks great!!!

I took a shot at it around 4am last Friday morning, framed up with M3, from our Trussville backyard. I'm hoping for another look when it becomes an evening target.

Wayne Eads

-------- Original message --------
Date: 12/5/21 2:10 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: raclub@groups.io, novac@..., main@bas-astro.groups.io
Subject: [bas-astro] Comet Leonard this morning

Hello,

Dr. Myron E. Wasiuta
Wilderness, VA USA

Robert Pitt

Wow to both Wayne’s and Myron’s pics!

Regards,

Bob

Robert Pitt, P.E., Ph.D. BCEE, D.WRE

Emeritus Cudworth Professor of Urban Water Systems

Department of Civil, Construction, and Environmental Engineering

The University of Alabama

Rpittal at charter dot net

From: main@bas-astro.groups.io <main@bas-astro.groups.io> On Behalf Of Wayne Eads via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, December 9, 2021 6:59 PM
To: main@bas-astro.groups.io; raclub@groups.io; novac@...
Subject: Re: [bas-astro] Comet Leonard this morning

Very nice, that looks great!!!

I took a shot at it around 4am last Friday morning, framed up with M3, from our Trussville backyard. I'm hoping for another look when it becomes an evening target.

Wayne Eads

-------- Original message --------

Date: 12/5/21 2:10 PM (GMT-06:00)

Subject: [bas-astro] Comet Leonard this morning

Hello,

Dr. Myron E. Wasiuta
Wilderness, VA USA