Topics

Comet Neowise from Shenandoah Mountains

Myron Wasiuta

Dear BAS,

Here are a few images taken on the morning of July 12 from an overlook along Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park. All were untracked and using a Canon Rebel t3 and Tamron 18-300mm zoom lens on tripod. I have also included a couple pics of the comet from tonight (July 14) as it appeared in the evening sky over a field near my home in Wilderness Virginia.

Dr. Myron E. Wasiuta
President, MSRO Science, Inc
Director, Mark Slade Remote Observatory

Very nice.

Is they tail visible to naked eye - or just photographically?

Don

Myron Wasiuta

The tail is easily seen naked eye in good skies! Last night i could see 3 degrees with direct vision and almost 5 with averted.

Dr. Myron Wasiuta
President- MSRO Science, Inc
Director- Mark Slade Remote Observatory
Wilderness, VA USA