Topics

Dobsonian

Jeff Allegrezza

Hi everyone,

From tuesday's meeting, I understand there are a couple of dobsonians in the club storage room.

I'm trying to figure out what scope to buy for visual learning of the sky to augment my very small reflector (4.5") and so I thought I would jump up to an 8 or 10 inch dob as a next step.

Would it be possible for me to borrow one of the club dobsonian scopes for a week or two?

thanks!

Jeff

Williams Randall

I love a donsonian I got two a 10 inch and a 14 inch I do have a 5 inch computer telescope but I have been looking so long I know what I want to look at and where I think you can’t beat one

On Feb 19, 2021, at 10:53 AM, Jeff Allegrezza <jrallegrezza@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,

From tuesday's meeting, I understand there are a couple of dobsonians in the club storage room.

I'm trying to figure out what scope to buy for visual learning of the sky to augment my very small reflector (4.5") and so I thought I would jump up to an 8 or 10 inch dob as a next step.

Would it be possible for me to borrow one of the club dobsonian scopes for a week or two?

thanks!

Jeff

Fred Rains

Good morning, Jeff.

We have a 10 inch dob that would give you a good idea of what you can expect. The equipment is kept at CoolBox Self Storage located at 5215 Caldwell Mill Road, Birmingham, AL, 35242.

Mike and I are going to be over there at 1PM today with some new shelves if that time works for you. Let me know if another time is better.

Fred

On Friday, February 19, 2021, 10:53:53 AM CST, Jeff Allegrezza <jrallegrezza@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,

From tuesday's meeting, I understand there are a couple of dobsonians in the club storage room.

I'm trying to figure out what scope to buy for visual learning of the sky to augment my very small reflector (4.5") and so I thought I would jump up to an 8 or 10 inch dob as a next step.

Would it be possible for me to borrow one of the club dobsonian scopes for a week or two?

thanks!

Jeff

Jeff Allegrezza

that works for me.  thanks!

On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 11:18 AM Fred Rains <fjrains@...> wrote:
Good morning, Jeff.

We have a 10 inch dob that would give you a good idea of what you can expect. The equipment is kept at CoolBox Self Storage located at 5215 Caldwell Mill Road, Birmingham, AL, 35242.

Mike and I are going to be over there at 1PM today with some new shelves if that time works for you. Let me know if another time is better.

Fred

On Friday, February 19, 2021, 10:53:53 AM CST, Jeff Allegrezza <jrallegrezza@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,

From tuesday's meeting, I understand there are a couple of dobsonians in the club storage room.

I'm trying to figure out what scope to buy for visual learning of the sky to augment my very small reflector (4.5") and so I thought I would jump up to an 8 or 10 inch dob as a next step.

Would it be possible for me to borrow one of the club dobsonian scopes for a week or two?

thanks!

Jeff

Don Waters

Part of the issue is size and transportability vs. aperture. You might have to compromise depending on which is more important. Also the classic style vs. the ultra-compact. I suggest 2" eyepieces, for sure.

Don Waters