From: "Sterling DeRamus"
To: main@bas-astro.groups.io
Sent: Thursday May 6 2021 3:17:48PM
Subject: [bas-astro] Drivers for the mountain instruments MI-250 mount

Does anyone know if there are specific drivers for the MI-250 mount for the C14? I’d like to see if I could get it to guide with PhD guiding. But of course the program needs to be able to talk to the Mount.

I think, but am not sure, that it uses the same as the Losmandy Gemini controllers. is that right?

Sterling DeRamus

Thanks bob. I may try that tomorrow. You coming up?

On May 6, 2021, at 4:42 PM, Robert Pitt <rpittal@...> wrote:

I don't believe any special drivers are needed. The guide camera may directly connect to the ST-4 port on the Gemini box. However....I have been successfully using the StarAid revolution guide camera on my ME and on the setup you select either generic mount or a Losmandy mount. Therefore, you may be able to (need to) select Losmandy as the mount type in PhD (since the Gemini is the same as used on the line of Losmandy mounts). My Revolution guider connects directly to the ST-4 port and also optionally connects to the computer (it has the guiding software built in the guider, but the computer is used to set it up and for other features). Most new mounts have pulse guiding that eliminates the ST-4 connection and can drive thru the USB connector on the computer, but the MI-250 probably does not do that (my ME doesn't), but may be worth a try.

Therefore, I assume you could connect your guide camera directly to the ST-4 on the Gemini box and also to a USB connector on your computer for PhD guiding, selecting Losmandy as the mount type. Losmandy may be able to help if you have problems.

Does anyone know if there are specific drivers for the MI-250 mount for the C14? I’d like to see if I could get it to guide with PhD guiding. But of course the program needs to be able to talk to the Mount.

I think, but am not sure, that it uses the same as the Losmandy Gemini controllers. is that right?

Robert Pitt

hope it will work! Yes, I will head up tomorrow afternoon after project call. Its been a year since I was there and need to get the RASA in the small dome up and running. I may come up Sat also, if all goes well (or if I can get my lawn mower to start to bring up and cut some grass)