Eclipse tonight?

Sterling DeRamus

So it should start about 1:21 am. Anyone staying up that late?

Fred Rains

I’ll be up. 🔭 🌙

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Thursday, November 18, 2021, 8:44 AM, Sterling DeRamus <sterling.deramus@...> wrote:

So it should start about 1:21 am. Anyone staying up that late?

Tyra, Howard R (GE Healthcare)

Well may not stay up that late, but might get up that early.

Rick

Howard Ricky Tyra
Treasurer, ALCOR Coordinator
Birmingham Astronomical Society
Clear Skies

So it should start about 1:21 am. Anyone staying up that late?

scott pellet

The eclipse does start at 1:30 am CST.  But it will probably not be detectable for a while thereafter.  The Moon enters furthest into Earth's shadow at 3:00 am.  So the event is about 3 hours long.  But at the beginning and end the darkened limb may not be detectable.

Wayne Eads

Lunar Eclipse 2021 as seen from our Trussville backyard at 3am. I have quite a few shots to look through but I think this is probably my best attempt at the main event. Captured using the 6 inch f/4 telescope, Celestron CGEM II mount and Canon 80D camera. The final image is a 4 exposure stack, from 1 to 8 seconds, merged in Lightroom. I hope everyone was able to have a look at this beautiful event...

Wayne Eads

So it should start about 1:21 am. Anyone staying up that late?

Jeff Allegrezza

Thats a nice image and i’ll I’m glad to see it because it so accurately portrays what i also saw at 3 AM.

I struggled to get out of bed but was glad to get some observing time in with a pair of binoculars.

On Fri, Nov 19, 2021 at 6:07 AM Wayne Eads via groups.io <wayne3032=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Lunar Eclipse 2021 as seen from our Trussville backyard at 3am. I have quite a few shots to look through but I think this is probably my best attempt at the main event. Captured using the 6 inch f/4 telescope, Celestron CGEM II mount and Canon 80D camera. The final image is a 4 exposure stack, from 1 to 8 seconds, merged in Lightroom. I hope everyone was able to have a look at this beautiful event...

Wayne Eads

So it should start about 1:21 am. Anyone staying up that late?

Robert Pitt

Thanks Wayne; that beautiful. I looked at it a couple of times and saw a hit of the nice color.

Lunar Eclipse 2021 as seen from our Trussville backyard at 3am. I have quite a few shots to look through but I think this is probably my best attempt at the main event. Captured using the 6 inch f/4 telescope, Celestron CGEM II mount and Canon 80D camera. The final image is a 4 exposure stack, from 1 to 8 seconds, merged in Lightroom. I hope everyone was able to have a look at this beautiful event...

Wayne Eads

So it should start about 1:21 am. Anyone staying up that late?

Wayne Eads

Bob, thank you. It wasn't quite as good as the 2019 one but very nice nonetheless.