Topics

Equipment for Sale

John

Group,

I am going to be selling some telescopes/equipment, and I'd really like to offer things here first before putting on Cloudy Nights or Astromart if it's alright. If someone buys something, I could bring it to Chandler Mountain or meet them somewhere.  Let me know if it's ok.  I have one scope I'm ready to offer right now and more to come.

John Miller

Sterling DeRamus

Tell us what.

On Sep 15, 2020, at 2:15 PM, John via groups.io <jmaxmill@...> wrote:

Group,

I am going to be selling some telescopes/equipment, and I'd really like to offer things here first before putting on Cloudy Nights or Astromart if it's alright. If someone buys something, I could bring it to Chandler Mountain or meet them somewhere.  Let me know if it's ok.  I have one scope I'm ready to offer right now and more to come.

John Miller

Craig Brooks

Yes, please.

Sincerely,
Craig Brooks
NAR #99604 L2
Secretary / Outreach
#665 Birmingham Rocket Boys

Birmingham Astronomical Society

I am going to be selling some telescopes/equipment, and I'd really like to offer things here first before putting on Cloudy Nights or Astromart if it's alright. If someone buys something, I could bring it to Chandler Mountain or meet them somewhere.  Let me know if it's ok.  I have one scope I'm ready to offer right now and more to come.

John Miller

John

I just wanted to make sure it was ok.

The first scope I'm going to sell is an
Astrotech AT6RC.  Mine is in excellent condition and includes both 1" and 2" extensions, a top rail for a guidescope, and custom Bahtinov mask for focusing.  I also am throwing in a duffle bag that holds the scope nicely.  This is an optical tube only with no mount.  I am asking $300 for it.

John

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 6:50 PM, Sterling DeRamus
<sterling.deramus@...> wrote:
Tell us what.

On Sep 15, 2020, at 2:15 PM, John via groups.io <jmaxmill@...> wrote:

Group,

I am going to be selling some telescopes/equipment, and I'd really like to offer things here first before putting on Cloudy Nights or Astromart if it's alright. If someone buys something, I could bring it to Chandler Mountain or meet them somewhere.  Let me know if it's ok.  I have one scope I'm ready to offer right now and more to come.

John Miller

John

I also am selling a Celestron Nexstar 102gt.  This is the scope and mount with Nexstar controller.  The mount works perfectly, and the scope is a fantastic achromat!  It takes either 2" or 1.25" diagonals or eyepieces.  I'll include a 1.25" adapter.  It does not come with a tripod.  That is not that big of a deal honestly, as it bolts onto a tripod plate with a single 1/4-20 bolt.  I've been using it on a Meade 884 that I drilled a hole in the middle of.  I'm asking $200.