Expansion of the Crab Nebula (M1) Over 20 years Video LInk

Tony

https://youtu.be/Id0YaVb61tw?t=49

This caught my eye.  It animates the expansion (from photographs) over 20 years.  It was worth watching.  About 3 minutes long.
Thanks, Tony
--
Tony Edwards
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008278175234

Sterling DeRamus

Yeah, he’s also got this up on Astrobin.  His name is Adam Block and he works for the Kitt Peak national observatory.  I sent him a note last week inviting him to speak to us, but haven’t heard back.

https://www.adamblockphotos.com/

What’s also cool is to compare it to other older photos of the Crab Nebula.  I found one from 60+ years ago that showed some of the same structures. The quality of the older photos though is just not that great. I’ve also tried to see differences in other Nebulas. There’s a pretty good photo of the Orion Nebula from 1908 that I found. I couldn’t see much of any differences.