Topics

First Attempted Nebula Pic and Processing - M42

Tony

This is my first attempt at a nebula pic.  I chose M42 because, hey I'm a noob, it's bright, and forgiving, etc...  lol.  Anyhow, just learning.  Details of shot are provided in my FB post link below.  Any commentary/instruction is appreciated.

LINK:  https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=2794735614145684&set=a.2750508278568418

On to M45 next...
--
Tony Edwards
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008278175234

Robert Pitt

Nice Tony. Got a nice running man also!

This is my first attempt at a nebula pic.  I chose M42 because, hey I'm a noob, it's bright, and forgiving, etc...  lol.  Anyhow, just learning.  Details of shot are provided in my FB post link below.  Any commentary/instruction is appreciated.

LINK:  https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=2794735614145684&set=a.2750508278568418

On to M45 next...
--
Tony Edwards
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008278175234

Sterling DeRamus

Much better than my noob pic of Orion!

Really it’s a great job. Keep practicing and start thinking about guiding. M42 is fine without guiding because it’s so bright but other targets are not as forgiving. Especially galaxies. M45 though is fine for short exposures.

On Nov 25, 2020, at 2:51 PM, Robert Pitt <rpittal@...> wrote:

Nice Tony. Got a nice running man also!

This is my first attempt at a nebula pic.  I chose M42 because, hey I'm a noob, it's bright, and forgiving, etc...  lol.  Anyhow, just learning.  Details of shot are provided in my FB post link below.  Any commentary/instruction is appreciated.

LINK:  https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=2794735614145684&set=a.2750508278568418

On to M45 next...
--
Tony Edwards
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008278175234

Sterling DeRamus

Also think about using imagesPlus which is now free and a really good program. Better than DSS

On Nov 25, 2020, at 2:51 PM, Robert Pitt <rpittal@...> wrote:

Nice Tony. Got a nice running man also!

This is my first attempt at a nebula pic.  I chose M42 because, hey I'm a noob, it's bright, and forgiving, etc...  lol.  Anyhow, just learning.  Details of shot are provided in my FB post link below.  Any commentary/instruction is appreciated.

LINK:  https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=2794735614145684&set=a.2750508278568418

On to M45 next...
--
Tony Edwards
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008278175234

Martin

Great to see these nice pictures
Also, recently I got Pixinsight and trying to learn, so I reprocessed some pictures I have taken, steep learning curve but enjoying the software
Happy Thanksgiving
Martin

Martin Rodriguez

This is my first attempt at a nebula pic.  I chose M42 because, hey I'm a noob, it's bright, and forgiving, etc...  lol.  Anyhow, just learning.  Details of shot are provided in my FB post link below.  Any commentary/instruction is appreciated.

LINK:  https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=2794735614145684&set=a.2750508278568418

On to M45 next...
--
Tony Edwards