Topics

hydrogen alpha horsehead from tonight

Robert Pitt

The attached is my last "nebula" for the season, as we go into galaxy season... Got about 2.5 hours in hydrogen alpha with my 8 inch f/2 RASA and ASI1600MM before the tree ate it....

On Monday, March 8, 2021, 11:33 PM, Robert Pitt <rpittal@...> wrote:

The attached is my last "nebula" for the season, as we go into galaxy season... Got about 2.5 hours in hydrogen alpha with my 8 inch f/2 RASA and ASI1600MM before the tree ate it....

thanks Fred

From: "Fred Rains"
To: main@bas-astro.groups.io
Sent: Monday March 8 2021 11:34:25PM
Subject: Re: [bas-astro] hydrogen alpha horsehead from tonight

Really nice!

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Monday, March 8, 2021, 11:33 PM, Robert Pitt <rpittal@...> wrote:

The attached is my last "nebula" for the season, as we go into galaxy season... Got about 2.5 hours in hydrogen alpha with my 8 inch f/2 RASA and ASI1600MM before the tree ate it....

Absolutely Spectacular! What a way to leave “ nebula season” and now bring on the galaxies ( and globulars!)
Myron

Dr. Myron Wasiuta
President- MSRO Science, Inc
Director- Mark Slade Remote Observatory
Wilderness, VA USA

On Mar 9, 2021, at 1:36 AM, Robert Pitt <rpittal@...> wrote:

thanks Fred

The attached is my last "nebula" for the season, as we go into galaxy season... Got about 2.5 hours in hydrogen alpha with my 8 inch f/2 RASA and ASI1600MM before the tree ate it....

Thanks for the galaxy and glob pics Myron. Time to switch my scope on my mount for one with a bit more focal length (probably my 9-1/4 f/10 until my Hyperion 12.5 f/8 comes back from the spa).

The attached is my last "nebula" for the season, as we go into galaxy season... Got about 2.5 hours in hydrogen alpha with my 8 inch f/2 RASA and ASI1600MM before the tree ate it....

Thanks Myron! I might be able to try a bit more tonight if the weather holds...

The attached is my last "nebula" for the season, as we go into galaxy season... Got about 2.5 hours in hydrogen alpha with my 8 inch f/2 RASA and ASI1600MM before the tree ate it....

Bob Sieber

Beautiful work.  Love this!

On Mar 8, 2021, at 11:33 PM, Robert Pitt <rpittal@...> wrote:

The attached is my last "nebula" for the season, as we go into galaxy season... Got about 2.5 hours in hydrogen alpha with my 8 inch f/2 RASA and ASI1600MM before the tree ate it....

Thanks Bob!