IC1318 in Ha

Robert Pitt

I spent a few hrs (total of 3.8 after rejected subs; 46 subs at 5 min each)
on the attached over the last couple of nights as I tune up my Hyperion
scope (12.5 in f/8). Used ASI 6200MM with cheapo Octolong Ha 6 nm filter.
Tonight will redo polar alignment (a bit off) and redo the mount calibration
for new optical centering. Then will put the 6200MC camera on with the
Radian Triad Ultra plus filter to get some color for this. Do like the B&W
though!

Jeff Allegrezza

fantastic!

On Sun, Sep 26, 2021 at 7:25 PM Robert Pitt <rpittal@...> wrote:
I spent a few hrs (total of 3.8 after rejected subs; 46 subs at 5 min each)
on the attached over the last couple of nights as I tune up my Hyperion
scope (12.5 in f/8). Used ASI 6200MM with cheapo Octolong Ha 6 nm filter.
Tonight will redo polar alignment (a bit off) and redo the mount calibration
for new optical centering. Then will put the 6200MC camera on with the
Radian Triad Ultra plus filter to get some color for this. Do like the B&W
though!

It’s great. Do want to see the color in the end.

On Sep 26, 2021, at 8:56 PM, Jeff Allegrezza <jrallegrezza@...> wrote:

fantastic!

On Sun, Sep 26, 2021 at 7:25 PM Robert Pitt <rpittal@...> wrote:
I spent a few hrs (total of 3.8 after rejected subs; 46 subs at 5 min each)
on the attached over the last couple of nights as I tune up my Hyperion
scope (12.5 in f/8). Used ASI 6200MM with cheapo Octolong Ha 6 nm filter.
Tonight will redo polar alignment (a bit off) and redo the mount calibration
for new optical centering. Then will put the 6200MC camera on with the
Radian Triad Ultra plus filter to get some color for this. Do like the B&W
though!

Wow!! That is an amazing image Robert - i second the motion that we want to see the color version when you can post it.

Dr. Myron Wasiuta
President- MSRO Science, Inc
Director- Mark Slade Remote Observatory
Wilderness, VA USA

On Sep 26, 2021, at 8:25 PM, Robert Pitt <rpittal@charter.net> wrote:

I spent a few hrs (total of 3.8 after rejected subs; 46 subs at 5 min each)
on the attached over the last couple of nights as I tune up my Hyperion
scope (12.5 in f/8). Used ASI 6200MM with cheapo Octolong Ha 6 nm filter.
Tonight will redo polar alignment (a bit off) and redo the mount calibration
for new optical centering. Then will put the 6200MC camera on with the
Radian Triad Ultra plus filter to get some color for this. Do like the B&W
though!

<IC1318Hasmall.jpg>

Robert Pitt

Thanks! I did O3 also, but quite dim, so would mostly be red reflecting the Ha. Doing a triband now and tomorrow night will do a broadband L-Pro and see what I can get for color. Next cloudy period with no other commitments, I will try to figure out how to merge multi filters in PixInsight.