IS binos

William Baker

Sorry about the delay on this subject but was receiving group messages on an old email that was being forwarded to my new email. Had to re-register with the group to send out messages again.

I have a pair of Canon 15x50 IS and really enjoy them. Great for both astronomy and terrestrial viewing. If I had to do it again the only change might be going for the 18x50. Sort of a trade off as a little more magnification but more expensive & the field of view is only 3.7 degrees. When solar viewing can be difficult to even locate the sun with the 4.5 degree field on the 15x50. Of course solar filters over the lens make it much more difficult along with not being able to peek over the top of the binos to get on target. Just placed a simple panel type solar filter on top to allow "peeking" at the sun. No problems with the coating. Just checked and purchased 12/2002. Sometime when this Covid mess is over I would be glad to bring them to a meeting for all to try. I think I last brought them to a meeting about 10 years.

William Baker