Jupiter

Tony

Happy Fall Y'all,

Is anyone else taking pics of Jupiter and Saturn?  I'd love to see the pics.  I can't get great detail with my 8 inch Newt, but I like trying.  Is it too much to ask for Hubble detail with my newt? ;-)  I've seen some nice ones on Cloudy Nights.
Here's a pic I took before it got hazy and cloudy last night.  Very noisy.  I used a high pass filter to try to bring out details.  Others on the flickr page too.

https://flic.kr/p/2muqe5N
--
Tony Edwards

Robert Pitt

Seems like great detail to me Tony! (but a bit harsh…)

Is anyone else taking pics of Jupiter and Saturn?  I'd love to see the pics.  I can't get great detail with my 8 inch Newt, but I like trying.  Is it too much to ask for Hubble detail with my newt? ;-)  I've seen some nice ones on Cloudy Nights.
Here's a pic I took before it got hazy and cloudy last night.  Very noisy.  I used a high pass filter to try to bring out details.  Others on the flickr page too.

https://flic.kr/p/2muqe5N
--
Tony Edwards

Tony

That was the only one I did that on, the others aren't so sharp.  https://flic.kr/p/2mueQsk

Tony

On Sat, Sep 25, 2021 at 6:33 PM Robert Pitt <rpittal@...> wrote:

Seems like great detail to me Tony! (but a bit harsh…)

Is anyone else taking pics of Jupiter and Saturn?  I'd love to see the pics.  I can't get great detail with my 8 inch Newt, but I like trying.  Is it too much to ask for Hubble detail with my newt? ;-)  I've seen some nice ones on Cloudy Nights.
Here's a pic I took before it got hazy and cloudy last night.  Very noisy.  I used a high pass filter to try to bring out details.  Others on the flickr page too.

https://flic.kr/p/2muqe5N
--
Tony Edwards

--
Tony Edwards, Professional Geologist, Photographer, Outdoor Enthusiast, Former Scoutmaster, Amateur Astronomy Enthusiast, Fisherman, Plant Nerd, etc....

--
Tony Edwards
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008278175234