M74 Image

scott pellet

Here is my first cut at post-processing M74.  Images taken on 12/17. I have 80 minutes of Ha that I still have not integrated here.  I will try that next.

Location: Redhawk Observatory, Alabaster, AL
Scope: AP 155EDFS f/5.25 at 813 mm (w/27TVPH)
Camera: QSI 683 with 8 position filter wheel
Exposures: 10 B @ 240s, 10 G @ 240s, 14 L @ 240s, 10 R @ 240s.
Acquisition software: Sequence Generator Pro
Guide Scope: AP 80mm f/11.25 at 900 mm
Guide camera: ZWO ASI 290MC
Guide software: PHD2
Post-Processing software: PixInsight

Myron Wasiuta

Thats a really nice image Scott. Im sure the HA data will really bring out the HII regions!

Dr. Myron Wasiuta
President- MSRO Science, Inc
Director- Mark Slade Remote Observatory
Wilderness, VA USA

On Jan 26, 2021, at 9:15 PM, scott pellet <shpellet@...> wrote:

Here is my first cut at post-processing M74.  Images taken on 12/17. I have 80 minutes of Ha that I still have not integrated here.  I will try that next.

Location: Redhawk Observatory, Alabaster, AL
Scope: AP 155EDFS f/5.25 at 813 mm (w/27TVPH)
Camera: QSI 683 with 8 position filter wheel
Exposures: 10 B @ 240s, 10 G @ 240s, 14 L @ 240s, 10 R @ 240s.
Acquisition software: Sequence Generator Pro
Guide Scope: AP 80mm f/11.25 at 900 mm
Guide camera: ZWO ASI 290MC
Guide software: PHD2
Post-Processing software: PixInsight
<M74 Crop2.jpg>

Robert Pitt

Beautiful image Scott! Can’t wait to see it with the Ha also.