M 82 image as jpeg

Myron Wasiuta

Sorry about my previous post and sending the image in an unreadable format for most-I meant to enclose the image as a jpeg.  This image represents my best effort to date on this object-about 3 hours of integration using a 10-inch TPO RC and QHY 174 GPS and BVRI  filters contributing the color data to a LRGB stack.I fought moonlight and clouds over the three nights needed to obtain the data, and used digital development and gamma scaling to pretty harshly process the image to bring out the faint detail-hence the noticeable graininess. Definitely would benefit from much more exposure. I used 60 second unguided subs throughout the observation. The telescope is mounted on a CGE Pro mount.

Clear skies,

Dr. Myron E. Wasiuta
President, MSRO Science, Inc
Director, Mark Slade Remote Observatory
Wilderness, VA USA

Robert Pitt

Interesting detail Myron! Normally can’t see that in M82.

Regards,

Bob

From: main@bas-astro.groups.io <main@bas-astro.groups.io> On Behalf Of Myron Wasiuta
Sent: Sunday, January 24, 2021 7:30 PM
To: Bart Billard <bbillard@...>; Linda Billard <lbillard@...>; Glenn Faini <gfaini@...>; Jerry Hubbell <jhubbell@...>; Lauren Lennon <llennon@...>; Shannon Morgan <smorgan@...>; novac@...; raclub@groups.io; main@bas-astro.groups.io
Subject: [bas-astro] M 82 image as jpeg

Sorry about my previous post and sending the image in an unreadable format for most-I meant to enclose the image as a jpeg.  This image represents my best effort to date on this object-about 3 hours of integration using a 10-inch TPO RC and QHY 174 GPS and BVRI  filters contributing the color data to a LRGB stack.I fought moonlight and clouds over the three nights needed to obtain the data, and used digital development and gamma scaling to pretty harshly process the image to bring out the faint detail-hence the noticeable graininess. Definitely would benefit from much more exposure. I used 60 second unguided subs throughout the observation. The telescope is mounted on a CGE Pro mount.

Clear skies,

Dr. Myron E. Wasiuta
Wilderness, VA USA

Myron Wasiuta

Thanks Bob. I’m not sure if its because i used the photometric filters instead of standard RGB or that i pushed the processing just shy of the image floor. 

Dr. Myron Wasiuta
President- MSRO Science, Inc
Director- Mark Slade Remote Observatory 
Wilderness, VA USA

On Jan 24, 2021, at 8:51 PM, Robert Pitt <rpittal@...> wrote:

Regards,

Bob

From: main@bas-astro.groups.io <main@bas-astro.groups.io> On Behalf Of Myron Wasiuta
To: Bart Billard <bbillard@...>; Linda Billard <lbillard@...>; Glenn Faini <gfaini@...>; Jerry Hubbell <jhubbell@...>; Lauren Lennon <llennon@...>; Shannon Morgan <smorgan@...>; novac@...; raclub@groups.io; main@bas-astro.groups.io

Clear skies,

Dr. Myron E. Wasiuta
Wilderness, VA USA

<image003.jpg>

Robert Pitt

Probably a combo of both… would be interesting to add hydrogen alpha too as the L channel!

Regards,

Bob

Sent: Sunday, January 24, 2021 8:42 PM
To: main@bas-astro.groups.io
Subject: Re: [bas-astro] M 82 image as jpeg

Thanks Bob. I’m not sure if its because i used the photometric filters instead of standard RGB or that i pushed the processing just shy of the image floor. 

Dr. Myron Wasiuta

President- MSRO Science, Inc

Director- Mark Slade Remote Observatory 

Wilderness, VA USA

On Jan 24, 2021, at 8:51 PM, Robert Pitt <rpittal@...> wrote:

Regards,

Bob

Clear skies,

Dr. Myron E. Wasiuta
Wilderness, VA USA

<image003.jpg>