new M42 from Pitt

Robert Pitt

Howdy folks:

Here is a color image of M42 I got last night/this morning (27 subs at 5 min each) with my 12.5/5.6 scope and ASI6200MC in my backyard (close to bright moon too, but at least it was clear). Don’t look too closely at star shapes…. Still working on some alignment issues, but hopefully getting closer, but like the colors and details so far.

You’re getting good at this, Bob.

Really nice!

Fred

On Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 11:54:29 PM CST, Robert Pitt <rpittal@...> wrote:

Howdy folks:

Here is a color image of M42 I got last night/this morning (27 subs at 5 min each) with my 12.5/5.6 scope and ASI6200MC in my backyard (close to bright moon too, but at least it was clear). Don’t look too closely at star shapes…. Still working on some alignment issues, but hopefully getting closer, but like the colors and details so far.

John D.

Really nice.  Like the colors you captured.

On Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 11:54:23 PM CST, Robert Pitt <rpittal@...> wrote:

Howdy folks:

Here is a color image of M42 I got last night/this morning (27 subs at 5 min each) with my 12.5/5.6 scope and ASI6200MC in my backyard (close to bright moon too, but at least it was clear). Don’t look too closely at star shapes…. Still working on some alignment issues, but hopefully getting closer, but like the colors and details so far.

It's not what you look at, but what you see when you look.

Myron Wasiuta

Spectacular image Bob! Agree- beautiful color rendition.

Dr. Myron Wasiuta
President- MSRO Science, Inc
Director- Mark Slade Remote Observatory
Wilderness, VA USA

On Dec 16, 2021, at 8:48 AM, John D. via groups.io <Jdillard@...> wrote:

Really nice.  Like the colors you captured.

On Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 11:54:23 PM CST, Robert Pitt <rpittal@...> wrote:

Howdy folks:

Here is a color image of M42 I got last night/this morning (27 subs at 5 min each) with my 12.5/5.6 scope and ASI6200MC in my backyard (close to bright moon too, but at least it was clear). Don’t look too closely at star shapes…. Still working on some alignment issues, but hopefully getting closer, but like the colors and details so far.

It's not what you look at, but what you see when you look.

Robert Pitt

Thanks everyone! Got lucky with this one.

Spectacular image Bob! Agree- beautiful color rendition.

Dr. Myron Wasiuta

President- MSRO Science, Inc

Director- Mark Slade Remote Observatory

Wilderness, VA USA

On Dec 16, 2021, at 8:48 AM, John D. via groups.io <Jdillard@...> wrote:

Really nice.  Like the colors you captured.

On Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 11:54:23 PM CST, Robert Pitt <rpittal@...> wrote:

Howdy folks:

Here is a color image of M42 I got last night/this morning (27 subs at 5 min each) with my 12.5/5.6 scope and ASI6200MC in my backyard (close to bright moon too, but at least it was clear). Don’t look too closely at star shapes…. Still working on some alignment issues, but hopefully getting closer, but like the colors and details so far.

It's not what you look at, but what you see when you look.

amy sealy

That is fantastic! We love it!

Best,
Amy

On Thu, Dec 16, 2021 at 11:05 AM Robert Pitt <rpittal@...> wrote:

[...]

Wayne Eads

Bob, that looks great!!

Wayne

Here is a color image of M42 I got last night/this morning (27 subs at 5 min each) with my 12.5/5.6 scope and ASI6200MC in my backyard (close to bright moon too, but at least it was clear). Don’t look too closely at star shapes…. Still working on some alignment issues, but hopefully getting closer, but like the colors and details so far.

Thanks Wayne; hope to fine tune polar alignment on Sunday so I can get longer exposures on dimmer objects….

From: Robert Pitt <rpittal@...>

Date: 12/15/21 11:54 PM (GMT-06:00)