Topics

New to the group

robbyflick@...

So, I decided to join and the first question my wife asked was “Why?”. I said for the knowledge. She said, “ the internet is full of knowledge, why pay” So, it’s kind of hard to tell her why, but I know it’s worth it, but really don’t know what to tell her.

We are from the Gadsden area close to Chandler Mtn. Hope to see everyone soon, even if you do have a mask on. lol

Rob Flick

Sterling DeRamus

Tell you not only get to come to CMO but you get to hear lectures by interesting professionals and other topics you might not have ever considered. You get to learn a lot of other things about this hobby. You get access to people who share your enthusiasm and with whom you can share your knowledge of things. You get to participate in public outreach events too. Lots of fun.

On Aug 10, 2020, at 3:27 PM, Robby Flick <robbyflick@...> wrote:

So, I decided to join and the first question my wife asked was “Why?”. I said for the knowledge. She said, “ the internet is full of knowledge, why pay” So, it’s kind of hard to tell her why, but I know it’s worth it, but really don’t know what to tell her.

We are from the Gadsden area close to Chandler Mtn. Hope to see everyone soon, even if you do have a mask on. lol

Rob Flick

Robby Flick <robbyflick@...>

Yes, knowledge is something no one can ever take from you

On Aug 10, 2020, at 3:33 PM, Sterling DeRamus <sterling.deramus@...> wrote:

Tell you not only get to come to CMO but you get to hear lectures by interesting professionals and other topics you might not have ever considered. You get to learn a lot of other things about this hobby. You get access to people who share your enthusiasm and with whom you can share your knowledge of things. You get to participate in public outreach events too. Lots of fun.
On Aug 10, 2020, at 3:27 PM, Robby Flick <robbyflick@...> wrote:

So, I decided to join and the first question my wife asked was “Why?”. I said for the knowledge. She said, “ the internet is full of knowledge, why pay” So, it’s kind of hard to tell her why, but I know it’s worth it, but really don’t know what to tell her.

We are from the Gadsden area close to Chandler Mtn. Hope to see everyone soon, even if you do have a mask on. lol

Rob Flick

Thomas Hinke

Rob, The reason I joined  BAS was that I wanted to be able to use my telescope in a good location, but not be out in the middle of nowhere by myself and who knows what could happen. So it is nice to be able to go to a place like Chandler mountain and have other people around who are also into astronomy, and not worry about some bad actor coming around if I was a lonely only out in the middle of nowhere.

Tom Hinke

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 3:27 PM Robby Flick <robbyflick@...> wrote:
So, I decided to join and the first question my wife asked was “Why?”. I said for the knowledge. She said, “ the internet is full of knowledge, why pay” So, it’s kind of hard to tell her why, but I know it’s worth it, but really don’t know what to tell her.

We are from the Gadsden area close to Chandler Mtn. Hope to see everyone soon, even if you do have a mask on. lol

Rob Flick

Robby Flick <robbyflick@...>

That probably is a the greatest benefit of all. So, we can use the chandler mtn location?

On Aug 10, 2020, at 3:42 PM, Thomas Hinke <Thhinke@...> wrote:

[...]

I would have to agree. Didn’t know we had access to it when we wanted to. Are there any Stargazing Parties happen since Covid