Plate solver download

Sterling DeRamus

Someone asked for a link to download the free plate solving software. Here it is:

Mark Copper

Also there is
   http://astrometry.net/
(free software) and
   http://nova.astrometry.net/
free on-line service.

Robert Pitt

Do all of these require internet connection for an on-line library of the star positions, or are the downloads self-contained so you don’t need internet?

Do all of these require internet connection for an on-line library of the star positions, or are the downloads self-contained so you don’t need internet?

No internet connection is required to do the plate solving.