pollen / humidity

Jeff Allegrezza

Given the humidity around here, should I find a place in the house for my telescopes?  they currently sit in a detached garage.

Clear skies!

Jeff

Williams Randall

I built me a observatory to house mine and I have to keep covered up this time of year I don’t even uncover it to look

On Mar 28, 2021, at 11:35 AM, Jeff Allegrezza <jrallegrezza@...> wrote:

Given the humidity around here, should I find a place in the house for my telescopes?  they currently sit in a detached garage.

Clear skies!

Jeff

Robert Pitt

My main issue has always been humidity and rapidly changing temps. If your detached garage is well insulated and doesn’t seen moist, covering your scope with possibly a mirror heater or dehumidifier may work fine. In my observatory, I cover the equipment and run a dehumidifier, but still requires cleaning/dusting periodically (ladybugs a month ago were all over things).

Given the humidity around here, should I find a place in the house for my telescopes?  they currently sit in a detached garage.

Clear skies!

Jeff

Jeff Allegrezza

Thanks!  The garage is not well insulated so I'll move the OTAs into my office.