From: main@bas-astro.groups.io <main@bas-astro.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mark Copper
Sent: Monday, November 16, 2020 10:35 AM
To: main@bas-astro.groups.io
Subject: [bas-astro] progress on a new observatory

Jih-Ying and I have been working on an observatory in New Mexico. Structure complete and waiting on a telescope. We're looking forward to passing of virus crisis and ensuing visits from friends.

http://twoinfinities.net/cgi-bin/blosxom.cgi/2020/11/15#build_obs

Mark Copper

Really? 30"? Had a great time with Fred a couple evenings looking through the 11.5" Zambuto dob that you built--not that looking through Galileo's spy glass wouldn't be enjoyable with Fred's enthusiasm.

Robert Pitt

Agree, it takes the enthusiasm for some of the faint fuzzies! I have used the 30 multiple times at Okie Tex, Cherry Springs, and the Winter Star Party over about 10 years, but my rickety back and knees scream more on the ladder now.

Really? 30"? Had a great time with Fred a couple evenings looking through the 11.5" Zambuto dob that you built--not that looking through Galileo's spy glass wouldn't be enjoyable with Fred's enthusiasm.

James Moore

Very cool, Mark! I think several of us have the same thought running through our heads: ROAD TRIP!!