Topics

recent imaging results

Myron Wasiuta

Dear BAS,

I spent the weekend off catching up on some lunar and planetary imaging. Here are some results obtained on the morning of July 2, 2020. I used a 12-inch LX-200 at f/20 and a QHY 290 C CMOS camera. The seeing has been pretty poor lately, but on this morning the atmosphere settled enough to get some decent results!

Dr. Myron E. Wasiuta
President, MSRO Science, Inc
Director, Mark Slade Remote Observatory
Wilderness, VA USA

Aaron Williams

Great shots Dr. Wasiuta! Impressive detail on the planets, especially if seeing wasn’t all that great.

-Aaron

On Sun, Jul 5, 2020 at 10:11 AM Myron Wasiuta <mwasiuta@...> wrote:

Dear BAS,

I spent the weekend off catching up on some lunar and planetary imaging. Here are some results obtained on the morning of July 2, 2020. I used a 12-inch LX-200 at f/20 and a QHY 290 C CMOS camera. The seeing has been pretty poor lately, but on this morning the atmosphere settled enough to get some decent results!

Dr. Myron E. Wasiuta
President, MSRO Science, Inc
Director, Mark Slade Remote Observatory

Thanks Aaron! The seeing on this morning was pretty good, and in fact was good enough to resolve the disc of Titan which was about 0.8" across.

Dr. Myron E. Wasiuta
President, MSRO Science, Inc
Director, Mark Slade Remote Observatory
Wilderness, VA USA