Topics

Sad news.

Sterling DeRamus

https://www.nbcnews.com/science/space/satellite-megaconstellations-could-have-extreme-impact-astronomy-report-finds-n1238178

Looks like more satellites are going to be launched by both Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk. I wish there was a way to stop this.

James Moore

If I remember correctly, there are at least two other companies that will building networks, so there will definitely be some "overbuild". SpaceX is (belatedly) working with the astronomy community to minimize their "footprint", but I don't know how sincere they are about it.

The last time I read up on this, the indication was that there would always be three of the Starlink satellites visible from your location at any given time -- no matter where you are. *sigh*

Tyra, Howard R (GE Healthcare)

We need to talk to our club rocket boys and work out some ......... as Biden would say, all heck u know what I mean.
🥴

On Aug 27, 2020, at 2:05 PM, James Moore via groups.io <jasbmoore@...> wrote:

If I remember correctly, there are at least two other companies that will building networks, so there will definitely be some "overbuild". SpaceX is (belatedly) working with the astronomy community to minimize their "footprint", but I don't know how sincere they are about it.

The last time I read up on this, the indication was that there would always be three of the Starlink satellites visible from your location at any given time -- no matter where you are. *sigh*

Robert Pitt

Wouldn’t be bad if they would place them on long and lat lines and label them….