From: main@bas-astro.groups.io <main@bas-astro.groups.io> On Behalf Of
Sterling DeRamus
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2020 7:30 PM
To: main@bas-astro.groups.io
Subject: [bas-astro] Saturday shot of Pleiades

This is about 1 hour of data and 24 darks, but only 20 second shots a piece.
3200 ISO. I need to do flats though as well.

Attachments:
image0.jpeg: https://bas-astro.groups.io/g/main/attachment/5378/0

James Moore

Beautiful shot, Sterling. Would you mind me sharing this on our BAS Facebook page? With the proper attributions, of course.

Mark Copper

I was just reading in James Kaler's "the hundred greatest stars", a book recommended by October speaker James (not Clerk!) Maxwell that the nebulae around the Pleiades is unrelated to the formation of the star cluster -- the cluster is just cruising through the cloud and lighting up the dust, even leaving a wake. I didn't know. So, thanks, Sterling, for the lovely image and for recruiting James Maxwell to speak.