From: "Robert Pitt"
To: "main@bas-astro.groups.io"
Sent: Sunday May 30 2021 3:01:04PM
Subject: [bas-astro] seasonal viewing lists

Howdy folks:
attached are some seasonal viewing lists I created in SkyTools with some of my favorite objects. The combined list has about 600+ objects in both southern and northern skies, sorted by RA. The seasonal lists are for Chandler on new moon nights for these four months (useable for adjacent months with some wiggles of the best times), sorted by the best viewing windows (however, some are very low, so look at the AZ values). The "difficulty" values are set for an 8 inch SCT as a typical scope, with some only likely visible to Fred with his Questar.... One of the column headers is S.A. referring to the Sky and Telescope pocket Sky Atlas page.

Jeff Allegrezza

This is very helpful, Bob.   Thank you for putting this together.

On Sun, May 30, 2021 at 4:01 PM Robert Pitt <rpittal@...> wrote:
Howdy folks:
attached are some seasonal viewing lists I created in SkyTools with some of my favorite objects. The combined list has about 600+ objects in both southern and northern skies, sorted by RA. The seasonal lists are for Chandler on new moon nights for these four months (useable for adjacent months with some wiggles of the best times), sorted by the best viewing windows (however, some are very low, so look at the AZ values). The "difficulty" values are set for an 8 inch SCT as a typical scope, with some only likely visible to Fred with his Questar.... One of the column headers is S.A. referring to the Sky and Telescope pocket Sky Atlas page.

you're welcome Jeff! Should have no problems finding a view of potential interest.