seasonal viewing lists

Robert Pitt

Howdy folks:
attached are some seasonal viewing lists I created in SkyTools with some of my favorite objects. The combined list has about 600+ objects in both southern and northern skies, sorted by RA. The seasonal lists are for Chandler on new moon nights for these four months (useable for adjacent months with some wiggles of the best times), sorted by the best viewing windows (however, some are very low, so look at the AZ values). The "difficulty" values are set for an 8 inch SCT as a typical scope, with some only likely visible to Fred with his Questar.... One of the column headers is S.A. referring to the Sky and Telescope pocket Sky Atlas page.
Regards,
Bob

Robert Pitt

geeze, I meant to check the ALT values to make sure they are at a reasonable elevation to observe .....

-----------------------------------------

To: "main@bas-astro.groups.io"
Cc:
Sent: Sunday May 30 2021 3:01:04PM
Subject: [bas-astro] seasonal viewing lists

Howdy folks:
attached are some seasonal viewing lists I created in SkyTools with some of my favorite objects. The combined list has about 600+ objects in both southern and northern skies, sorted by RA. The seasonal lists are for Chandler on new moon nights for these four months (useable for adjacent months with some wiggles of the best times), sorted by the best viewing windows (however, some are very low, so look at the AZ values). The "difficulty" values are set for an 8 inch SCT as a typical scope, with some only likely visible to Fred with his Questar.... One of the column headers is S.A. referring to the Sky and Telescope pocket Sky Atlas page.
Regards,
Bob

Attachments:

Jeff Allegrezza

This is very helpful, Bob.   Thank you for putting this together.

On Sun, May 30, 2021 at 4:01 PM Robert Pitt <rpittal@...> wrote:
Howdy folks:
Regards,
Bob

Attachments:

Robert Pitt

you're welcome Jeff! Should have no problems finding a view of potential interest.

-----------------------------------------

To: main@bas-astro.groups.io
Cc:
Sent: Tuesday June 1 2021 9:04:57AM
Subject: Re: [bas-astro] seasonal viewing lists

This is very helpful, Bob.   Thank you for putting this together.

On Sun, May 30, 2021 at 4:01 PM Robert Pitt <rpittal@...> wrote:
Howdy folks:
Regards,
Bob

Attachments: