Topics

September 2020 Meeting

James Moore

Hello, everyone!

Just a reminder -- our monthly meeting is scheduled for Tuesday (9/15). The Zoom link information is below. We have a speaker lined up for the evening. Hopefully Dr. Olive from Samford will also make an appearance. We'll "see" you then!

Clear skies! -- James

James Moore is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Birmingham Astronomical Society

Time: Sep 15, 2020 07:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)

        Every month on the Third Tue, until Apr 20, 2021, 8 occurrence(s)

        Sep 15, 2020 07:00 PM

        Oct 20, 2020 07:00 PM

        Nov 17, 2020 07:00 PM

        Dec 15, 2020 07:00 PM

        Jan 19, 2021 07:00 PM

        Feb 16, 2021 07:00 PM

        Mar 16, 2021 07:00 PM

        Apr 20, 2021 07:00 PM

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81870513470?pwd=aEpzbXMyeFBTNDZoYTdDOU1qUHZEUT09

Meeting ID: 818 7051 3470

Passcode: 872779

One tap mobile

+13126266799,,81870513470# US (Chicago)

+16465588656,,81870513470# US (New York)

Dial by your location

        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)

        +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)

        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

        +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)

        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

Meeting ID: 818 7051 3470

Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kcPc0YQXqH

Sterling DeRamus

Yes, the speaker will be former me,her Ja,es Maxwell, who has moved to Australia.  He will talk to us about observing the Southern skies!

On Sep 14, 2020, at 5:31 PM, James Moore via groups.io <jasbmoore@...> wrote:

[...]

Mark Copper

If anyone goes out to NM for an actual VLA tour, be sure to let us
know. We're building an observatory between Magdalena and the Alamo
Navajo Res, just over the Gallinas Mts from the San Augustin plain. We
even hauled our travel trailer out for COVID bubble guests. And as
Fred mentioned there's the Chaco Canyon dark sky park for campers not
far away.

Mark Copper

On Sep 14, 2020, at 5:31 PM, James Moore via groups.io <jasbmoore=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Aaron Williams

It was good to “see” everyone tonight! Been too long. Hopefully the weather will work out this weekend.

-Aaron