Star Party October 2nd?

adalinepace@...

Hi all! My name is Adaline Pace. For those of you I didn’t meet on the monthly zoom last week, I’m a sophomore at Samford University. I took an Astronomy class last semester and really enjoyed it, so I’ve been looking for ways to get involved further to keep learning. I don’t have a lot of experience and I don’t own a telescope, but I would love to come out to a star party to watch what you guys do, assuming it won’t be distracting for anyone. Does anyone know when the next star party is? I can’t remember if we said it was this Saturday, Oct 2nd or not. Thanks!

Sterling DeRamus

Yes. October 2nd. You are welcome to come. It’s up I-59 near Horse Pens 40.

I’m not sure if I’m going yet or if the weather will cooperate.  But we can help you find it.

On Sep 29, 2021, at 8:06 AM, adalinepace@... wrote:

Hi all! My name is Adaline Pace. For those of you I didn’t meet on the monthly zoom last week, I’m a sophomore at Samford University. I took an Astronomy class last semester and really enjoyed it, so I’ve been looking for ways to get involved further to keep learning. I don’t have a lot of experience and I don’t own a telescope, but I would love to come out to a star party to watch what you guys do, assuming it won’t be distracting for anyone. Does anyone know when the next star party is? I can’t remember if we said it was this Saturday, Oct 2nd or not. Thanks!

John D.

I'm new too and would like to come.  It would be helpful (and nice) if someone could post directions.  Thanks.

--
It's not what you look at, but what you see when you look.

Danielle Howard

Hello, all! I am also new and would love to meet up and/or get directions for Saturday!

Sterling DeRamus

I just sent the address. Here though is a pic.  Notice you go past the mobile home and then bear right at the house and then along the cliff to get to the spot.  If I’m around I will be at the Texaco right off the interstate maybe around 5:30.  But I may want to run out west if the government shuts down  (long story).

On Sep 29, 2021, at 7:58 PM, danihoward86@... wrote:

Hello, all! I am also new and would love to meet up and/or get directions for Saturday!

Danielle Howard

Thank you so much! I used to climb at Horse Pens so I actually know how to get there!! Is it ok to just show up? What time do people usually arrive and will parking be a problem? Thanks so much!

Sterling DeRamus

Looks like the government is not going to shut down, which means I need to stay in the area. So now we just need the weather to cooperate.

On Sep 30, 2021, at 8:00 AM, danihoward86@... wrote:

Thank you so much! I used to climb at Horse Pens so I actually know how to get there!! Is it ok to just show up? What time do people usually arrive and will parking be a problem? Thanks so much!

Sterling DeRamus

If the weather cooperates, the best way for new folks is to meet me at the Texaco right off the interstate.  Exit is 166.  Sunset is about 6:30. So I’ll probably get there about 5:45+/-

Does anyone need a ride?

On Sep 30, 2021, at 8:00 AM, danihoward86@... wrote:

Thank you so much! I used to climb at Horse Pens so I actually know how to get there!! Is it ok to just show up? What time do people usually arrive and will parking be a problem? Thanks so much!

Sterling DeRamus

Unfortunately the weather is looking to be a bust.

I need to move to Moab, Utah.

On Sep 30, 2021, at 8:32 AM, Sterling DeRamus via groups.io <sterling.deramus@...> wrote:

If the weather cooperates, the best way for new folks is to meet me at the Texaco right off the interstate.  Exit is 166.  Sunset is about 6:30. So I’ll probably get there about 5:45+/-

Does anyone need a ride?

On Sep 30, 2021, at 8:00 AM, danihoward86@... wrote:

Thank you so much! I used to climb at Horse Pens so I actually know how to get there!! Is it ok to just show up? What time do people usually arrive and will parking be a problem? Thanks so much!

Fred Rains

Moab looking better all the time…

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Friday, October 1, 2021, 7:44 AM, Sterling DeRamus <sterling.deramus@...> wrote:

Unfortunately the weather is looking to be a bust.

I need to move to Moab, Utah.

On Sep 30, 2021, at 8:32 AM, Sterling DeRamus via groups.io <sterling.deramus@...> wrote:

 If the weather cooperates, the best way for new folks is to meet me at the Texaco right off the interstate.  Exit is 166.  Sunset is about 6:30. So I’ll probably get there about 5:45+/-

Does anyone need a ride?

On Sep 30, 2021, at 8:00 AM, danihoward86@... wrote:

Thank you so much! I used to climb at Horse Pens so I actually know how to get there!! Is it ok to just show up? What time do people usually arrive and will parking be a problem? Thanks so much!

Sterling DeRamus

Well, tomorrow night’s a bust it looks like.  Darn!  IAE, if anyone is interested in getting together regardless I suggest meeting at the Barnes and Noble in the Summit around 6 pm.

We can talk about equipment.  And other issues.

On Oct 1, 2021, at 7:46 AM, Fred Rains <fjrains@...> wrote:

 Moab looking better all the time…

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Friday, October 1, 2021, 7:44 AM, Sterling DeRamus <sterling.deramus@...> wrote:

Unfortunately the weather is looking to be a bust.

I need to move to Moab, Utah.

On Sep 30, 2021, at 8:32 AM, Sterling DeRamus via groups.io <sterling.deramus@...> wrote:

 If the weather cooperates, the best way for new folks is to meet me at the Texaco right off the interstate.  Exit is 166.  Sunset is about 6:30. So I’ll probably get there about 5:45+/-

Does anyone need a ride?

On Sep 30, 2021, at 8:00 AM, danihoward86@... wrote:

Thank you so much! I used to climb at Horse Pens so I actually know how to get there!! Is it ok to just show up? What time do people usually arrive and will parking be a problem? Thanks so much!

Sterling DeRamus

Let me know if anyone is interested in meeting around 6 ish. At the summit Barnes and Noble  If so I’ll talk about my photography adventures and demonstrate the stacking and processing software Images plus.

On Oct 1, 2021, at 10:02 PM, Sterling DeRamus via groups.io <sterling.deramus@...> wrote:

[...]

Don’t feel like you have to make the trip if no one else is available, but if you guys meet I’ll come! I work at the Summit and get off around 5 so I can hang out there until you meet.

Sterling DeRamus

I’ll make it over earlier then. C u!

On Oct 2, 2021, at 12:31 PM, adalinepace@... wrote:

Don’t feel like you have to make the trip if no one else is available, but if you guys meet I’ll come! I work at the Summit and get off around 5 so I can hang out there until you meet.

adalinepace@...

I’m at Barnes & Noble, I’ll be browsing books until we meet. Wearing a salmon colored jumpsuit!

Sterling DeRamus

On my way

On Oct 2, 2021, at 5:10 PM, adalinepace@... wrote:

I’m at Barnes & Noble, I’ll be browsing books until we meet. Wearing a salmon colored jumpsuit!

Sterling DeRamus

I’m here. In a bama golf shirt. With a drink.